Facilitating inquiry, understanding, and holistic treatment of physical and mental experiences of dis-ease through the ancient wisdom of Medical Qigong.
Long Island Qi Holistics offers classes and private study programs based in the Thai Qi Holistics system, a method developed in Thailand which integrates the dual wisdoms of Medical Qigong and locally inherited “dhamma,” the Buddhist science of mind. Core to this approach is the in-depth study of personal alignment.
Beginner & Open level
Flow through the TQH signature standing and dynamic exercises to explore the postural, motion, and breathing habits that bring you “off center,” causing tension and experiences of dis-ease in daily life, and learn to remedy them.
Seniors learn simple, yet powerful motion and breathing exercises to improve physical balance and falling safety skills, optimize lung capacity, bolster immunity, and promote energy flow to the internal organs.
In-studio / Public spaces
In-person group classes which enable students to grow as a community – we foster the principle of learning on one’s own time, while together.
Tailored instruction to fit individual body-mind condition & health goals.Introduction & Intermediate study/treatment programs specializing in conditions such as:
- Joint ache/pain
- Office syndrome
- Injury rehabilitation
- Digestive issues (acid reflux/GERD, bloating, IBS, food allergy/sensitivity, difficult elimination)
- Weight loss/gain & overall body shaping
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopausal symptom management
- Stress, anxiety, insomnia
- Skin conditions
- Chronic headache & migraine
What People Say
I met Ashley in 2016 in Chiang Mai at the clinic where we both study Medical Qigong with Ajarn Toh. Since that time, I have both studied, and been taught by Ashley at the clinic, and at drop in classes at Yoga Tree, also in Chiang Mai.
I have found her to be a most dedicated and committed student and Teacher of the TQH system who approaches each student with much care and attention. Her guidance and interventions are timely and detailed, and her attitude is both sensitive and humble. Being witness to her own personal journey, in terms of physical strength, mental and emotional resilience, and spiritual understanding has been, and continues to be, a great pleasure and inspiration to me.
– Sonia Edwards, Integrative Counselor/TQH Instructor Trainee, London, England
New York workshops & “pop-ups”
- TQH Medical Qigong Foundations workshop, October 19th @ Yoga LifeWhen: Saturday, October 19th, 1-4pm Location: Yoga Life, 939 Port Washington Blvd, Port Washington Investment: $60 with pre-registration*, $65 at the door *Pre-register at the studio or online. In this workshop, you will learn basic movement and breathing techniques to cultivate your physical/energetic center, or “dantien.” Through standing postures, you will begin to re-train yourContinue reading “TQH Medical Qigong Foundations workshop, October 19th @ Yoga Life”
- July 13 & 20 introduction classes @ Elevation Fitness in BabylonClasses in Babylon. Join for a special two Saturday introductory offering. Location: Elevation Fitness, 41 John Street, Babylon Dates: July 13 & 20 Time: 10-11AM Investment: $25 drop in, $40 for both classes For class schedules, visit http://www.elevationfitnessli.com.
- 1-17 July Pop Up in BROOKLYN @ Jnana Wellness Center, 97 Bond StreetTQH Qigong is in Brooklyn! TQH Qigong improves physical, mental, and spiritual alignment by cultivating sharp awareness of how we inhabit our bodies. In these classes, we will use the Seven Static standing exercises, breathwork, and dynamic leg lifts to explore the postural and motion habits that bring us “off center,” causing tension and experiencesContinue reading “1-17 July Pop Up in BROOKLYN @ Jnana Wellness Center, 97 Bond Street”
Thai Qi Holistics
Thai Qi Holistics education and healing center is located in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Grounded in Medical Qigong and Chinese medicine, its treatment programs offer tools to reclaim body-mind-spiritual health.
Services include: health rehabilitation programs, holistic education courses, retreats, and instructor qualification courses for students and patients of all nationalities. It is the principle training center for TQH Instructors worldwide.